Useful shortcuts using the Windows key
Using a PC? Depending on your keyboard, you may have an extra key nestled between your Control and Alt keys with the Windows logo on it. This is pretty useful for activating a number of shortcuts to make your life with Windows a little easier.
- Windows + D will minimise everything you have open to show the desktop
- Windows + L will quickly lock your computer
- Windows + F brings up the search option
- Windows + Tab cycles through your taskbar buttons
- Windows + E brings up Windows Explorer
- And just pressing the Windows key itself, brings up the start menu.
You can find plenty more nifty uses for the Windows key over at Microsoft's Support site.